Sunday, November 15, 2009

A couple of minutes with Kate Moos


”Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”

Due to the launch of her new parfume, Vintage, Kate Moss did a interview with WWD. she talks about beauty, that she makes jam to relax etc.

How do you define beauty?
It sounds really corny, but I think that if you’re beautiful inside, it shows on the outside for sure. You can be a pretty face, but if you’re not a nice person, it just doesn’t work. I’m not traditionally a beauty, but apparently people think I’m all right. If you’re a nice person, it definitely helps.

What inspires you?
Films and books, lots of different things. And music.

How do you channel your creativity?
I write sometimes, or I’ll draw. It all depends what’s around. If I’m with my daughter, I’ll paint. I make jam. It’s kind of creative when you make jam. In the country, I get creative withwhat I have in my house. I just did my dressing room
[with my former personal assistant who now designs interiors] and that was quite a good creative process. It’s heaven. We did it together. I wanted it to be a space, not just a closet. I wanted it to be a room you could feel comfortable in and hang out in without just being a wardrobe.

Do you have a mentor?
My close friends, probably. There are lots of women I look up to, but mentors are someone you talk to and not just admire. A lot of my friends that I trust are my mentors. They would say,
“Oh no, Kate, that’s not a good look.”

Do you have a motto?
There are loads. There’s
“Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” That’s one of them. You try and remember, but it never works.

What do you do to relax?
I’ve got a steam room now, I go in there. It’s heaven. I steam and then go to the relaxation room and cool off. In the country, I go for walks and hang out and make jam.

You’re a business woman as well as a fixture in front of the camera. What’s the secret to effective multitasking?
I think women are really good at multitasking. Men just cannot do it. My boyfriend cannot talk on the phone and
[answer] if I ask him a question or get dressed at the same time. I can do all of that—talk on the phone, answer a question, get dressed and put my makeup on all at the same time. Women just do, don’t they? I think it’s something to do with babies. When you have a child, you have to be able to multitask.

It’s been rumored that you’re keen to build a career in music. Is that true?
No. I like to dabble. I’ve got lots of friends who are musicians, so if they ask me to do things, I’ll go and do it for a laugh. I don’t want to be a pop star or anything like that.

Whose style do you admire?
Loulou de la Falaise, Amanda Harlech and Catherine Deneuve.

Are you a Kate Moss-fan?

xoxo,

Vicky

1 comment:

♥ Din E said...

Oh yes. She's lovely ^^