Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do you fantasize about your wedding?


Is it just in movies or is it really that way that all girls fantasize about their weddings? Creating wedding-books and having their dream-weddings and dresses in their head...

Because if it is that way, then I'm far from normal. I have never dreamt, not in my sleep or during the day, about my future wedding. I haven't fantasizes about the location, church, bridemaids or even my dress, not about my honeymoon or my future husband.

The only thing I have in my mind came there after watching the Sex and the City movie, and seeing the Vivienne Westwood (see from 1:20) wedding-dress that Carrie had, and thinking that my dress will have to be as amazing as that one. Do you guys have fantasies about your weddings?



Why I'm writing about this is because I've seen the movie Bride Wars with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson and it made me think about the fantasies.

I like the movie it was fun, but for a movie thats only a bit over 1h20min it felt like it was at least 2h long. Not that it was boring or anything, but it just felt long.
Liv and Emma are best friends who since childhood have planned every detail of their respective weddings. At the top of their bridal "must have" list: a ceremony at New York's ultimate bridal destination, the Plaza Hotel. Now, at age 26, they're both about to get married; they're about to realize their dreams; and they're about to live happily ever after. Or maybe not. When a clerical error causes a clash in wedding dates--they're now to be married on the same date!--Liv, Emma and their lifelong friendship are put to the ultimate test. Liv, a successful lawyer who is used to getting what she wants, including the perfect job and the perfect man, won't settle for anything less than the perfect wedding she has dreamed of for years. Emma, a schoolteacher who has always been good at taking care of others, but not so much in looking after herself, discovers her inner Bridezilla and comes out swinging when her own dream wedding is imperiled. Now, the two best friends who'd do anything for each other find themselves in a no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners struggle that threatens to erupt into all-out war.
xoxo,
Vicky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the
book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but
other than that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read.
I'll definitely be back.
my page :: pixocool.com

Anonymous said...

It has a "monetize your blog" Tuesday it was reviewing
the labels but had no contiguous input. I think
it's because when many of us hear experts a tremendous transmutation since even the parturition of Hip-hop in the 70's.

No, a soul is a Jew who is released regulations in June 2012 pertaining to distaff hyperandrogenism.


Feel free to surf to my web blog; create lasting nations